Course Introduction and Expectations and Concerns Activity

Course Introduction and Expectations and Concerns Activity

• Tony Levitan

July 16, 2021, 10:05 am

expectation: I hope to develop my knowledge and confidence in this approach
      concern: not really a concern, but I imagine that this will serve as a starting point for my team to begin planning and adapting the approach for our purposes.

• Olly Perreira

July 18, 2021, 12:03 am

Expectation: I hope to learn how to use photographs to help people express themselves, such as selecting appropriate photographs if I wish people to have a discussion about it, or stimulate discussion around a photograph that someone presents to me.
      Concern: I am concerned that photographs are not able to show every side of a story. How can we rectify that?

• Esther Marslowe

July 18, 2021, 2:14 am

EXPECTATION:
      I look forward to the sessions and learning about the concepts of Photovoice to select the most appropriate pictures for the various categories, in an interactive way.
      CONCERN:
      Will additional assistance be provided after the completion of this training if the concepts are not fully understood?

• Anthelia James

July 18, 2021, 2:02 pm

Expectation: I hope to develop knowledge and some skills on the use of photovoice

Concern: I am concerned as to whether this will be seen as an opportunity by the groups I wish to work with and whether the photographs will cause positive changes as anticipated

• Katy Brickley

July 19, 2021, 9:15 am

Expectation – I hope the training will give us a good grounding in this approach and enable us to support our participants to explore what their photos mean to them.

Concern – I have no big concerns but I’m keen to understand how best to communicate the ethical aspects to participants.

• Deborah Chinn

July 19, 2021, 10:39 am

Expectation: Learn about ethics and processes of Photovoice including facilitating conversations about participants’s photos.
      Concern: How to involve people who because of their disability cannot take photos themselves.

• Rosana Emmanuel

July 19, 2021, 11:34 am

Expectation: How to set up a photo-voice project and its role in qualitative research.

Concern: Ethical considerations.