FEB21 – Course Introduction and Expectations and Concerns Activity

FEB21 – Course Introduction and Expectations and Concerns Activity

• Francois Questiaux

February 17, 2021, 9:37 am

From this training, I hope to learn how to design a photovoice methodology from A to Z, and more particularly how to narrow down the research focus based on participant’s reactions.
      My concern is whether or not we will be able to cover the role of photographer as an intruder and what it involves sociologically. I think it’s very interesting.

• Barbara Sutton

February 18, 2021, 8:03 pm

I am excited about this training. I want to learn the process of engaging participants and the method of research and interpretation. I want to be able to think about it in my particular context with churches.

• Sofie Thorsen

February 19, 2021, 9:20 am

I look forward to being introduced to photovoice as a method for social change and especially learning how it can be used to empower underrepresented communities. My concern is that we do not have time to really dig into the visual literacy of participants (not just us as readers of the images), and consider how different people with different dispositions will interpret a photovoice exercise differently; and I also worry about the question: How much can we ask participants to do, without fatiguing them or having them opt-out?

• Niamh Mclaughlin

February 22, 2021, 9:25 am

I would like to learn how to support young people to design and deliver their own community project from start to finish. I have no concerns.

• Lee Kane

February 22, 2021, 9:54 am

I want to better understand the ethical and legal implications of ethical photography

• Jo Irvine

February 22, 2021, 10:43 am

I want to support young people to show their views and opinions using photographs. My concern is with all the current legislation with I be able to do this in ethically