April 29, 2021, 1:46 pm
Participation: Delivery ad Dissemination. I would like it to be higher in the design. Creating a network of steering groups might help with this but I am also concerned about taking too much of people’s time…the timeline might have to be re-thought.
Risks: Emotional risks, Uncertainty and Judgement
Safeguarding: Consent, Economic factors, literacy and language concerns..etc.etc. Almost all of the issues listed are relevant.
April 29, 2021, 2:44 pm
Participation: This is highest in the delivery and dissemination phasess. Whilst we are not including a photovoice participant at earlier phases, we do have other ‘patient and public involvement’ reps on our team, who are meant to give advice/input on earlier phases. I’m not sure it would be possible to involve a photovoice participant earlier,
Risks: Participation likely poses Emotional and stigma/labeling risks to participants.
Providing a Safe Space: Following the relvant guidelines on creating a safe space in the attachment, as well as ensuring that consent forms are read and understood, may mitigate these risks. For instance, inviting participants to share their work, without making it compulsory, may be facilitate the creation of a safe environment.
April 29, 2021, 4:40 pm
Participation: Delivery is easily the most important to me. Followed by dissemination.
Risks: identity risks and political risks for sure.
Providing a Safe Space: we will not be working with youth or vulnerable adults, but all other safeguarding concerns apply. At this time, we are navigating space and timelines with the understanding that what is possible will be limited by pandemic guidelines in each setting we are working in.
April 30, 2021, 12:04 am
1. I would like more involvement in the planning and designing stages. However, this is not always possible, often due to the levels of awareness in ‘cultural/operational script’. A partner organization is perhaps key in navigating this. At minimum, consultation level of involvement. Additionally, newly displaced people that I have worked with are often juggling many difficulties in their setting and can only commit in a limited fashion.
2. Prejudice/safety are major issues, as discrimination is a well know fact in the Direct Provision centres in Ireland. They are the more common risks amongst others.
3. A neutral space away from the aforementioned DP centres. Advising on image making with anonymity in mind, depending on the subject matter.
April 30, 2021, 2:18 am
1. In terms of a public art project, one that I am helping to facilitate with external organisations and community organisations much of the planning is done without participants – there is some consultation with young people but more so at the delivery stage. Ideally we would want more involvement in the planning but not always feasible due to site specific requirement / planning as well as funding.
2. Cultural safety
3. Talking with elders, locals and stakeholders about the scope and intention of the project and hearing ideas / feedback and building that into the design and output.
April 30, 2021, 4:52 am
1. Participation – This would be highest in the delivery and dissemination part of the project.
2. Risks: Many, but mostly emotional, stigma and labelling
3. Safe Space: Holding the workshop in a venue (the youth hub) they are familiar with will be a great space. Having clinicians on hand to help manage any difficulties that may arise. Also setting and agreeing to ground rules first up so they all feel safe and one the same page.
April 30, 2021, 5:46 am
Participation : Regarding and considering what we planning and conduction my working projects going to behaviour change approach, mobilization and communication with communities, I would like designing and dissemination phases are involved and concerned. By creating and organizing the working groups in our projects, we planned to make sure to reflect the current situation and their behaviour in daily life by using the photos captured in their local setting and make sure to feel accountability in their standing role.
Risks : External factors such as political risks, taboos, commitment, odium, reputation, weak involvement and collaboration
Safe Space : Basically, the participants go around the target areas capturing on services provided and record the progress in the areas of what needs to correct or provide to be better. Moreover, considering the unstable situations in project areas, it comes to my mind that it surely need mobilization and awareness on intension of activities, Stakeholders concerns, community’s feedbacks upon the activities. It might need the exhibition venue to reflect and obviously seen the deep basis situation aiming to sustainable behaviour change.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. You can also subscribe without commenting.
<< Back to My Course home page
Get involved in the class conversation.
Join the discussion
View and edit your sketch book.
My sketch book
Group sketch books
Find the answers to some of our most commonly asked questions.
Our team are available to assist you.